Social media has proliferated our entire world from the impact on human development to the dissemination of high-value information at a Government-level. Social media research has become popularized in many sociology departments around the world, as well as having led to the formation of exclusive disciplines in social media studies.
Despite this, there is immense scope to bring the psychological research methods developed over the past 50 years in order to understand human behavior and motivation in social media use.
Benefits of completing a 3-year PhD program
- Gain doctoral-level psychology expertise as a viable alternative to the clinical pathway
- Take advantage of Government-funded places with no enrollment fees incurred
- Enter research or industry avenues in business or social media companies post-PhD
- Well-placed international opportunities for postdoctoral studies
- Develop a unique skill set in ecological momentary assessment and qualitative analysis
Does social media make us more altruistic or more narcissistic? A momentary sampling approach to examining how social media use alters our behaviors in real-time
Bottom-up approaches to personality change in a social media world — which traits transfer to the online world and in which ways is our behavior modulated via excessive online socialization?
The social self avatar: How can our understanding of the social self "online" inform our understanding of self-esteem from a developmental perspective?